- Vented cast aluminium chassis for improved thermal control of voice coil.
- Vented motor structure for improved control of power compression.
- 50 mm peak to peak travel.
- 31 T/m BL.
- Dual suspension assembly.
- Inside/ outside voice coil windings.
- Works well in conventional reflex designs and horn loading applications.
The PD.185C003 is ideally suited to applications where high power handling, long excursion and perfect linearity is required. Ideal for bass reflex and horn loaded enclosure systems where a high punch and low sub is required. The robust mechanical design and construction makes this unit an ideal choice for high power high SPL bass applications.
The PD.185C003 has been designed as combination of our PD.1850 and PD.1851 drivers. Its primary advantage over the two is that the total X mesh has been increased to 50 mm peak-to-peak travel above the standard 36 mm for the 1850 and 1851. This allows the PD.185C03 to be more user-friendly, rendering cabinet chamber sizes less critical for providing cabinet assistance to the drivers loading. Furthermore it provides additional protection to the drivers voice coil during transient signals at the low end of the frequency spectrum. PD.1851 and PD.1852 drivers also posses this protection but offer a different sound character owing to their surround geometry and compliance.
* 2.83V. Half space response measured in a 975 litre sealed enclosure.
*1 Power compression is the reduction of sensitivity at the specified power. Higher power ratings do not necessarily give a proportionate increase in SPL therefore the maximum SPL of the driver may significantly exceed that of other manufacturers with high power ratings.
** Distortion is measured at 10% of the rated power (AES Standard).
1. AES Standard (30 to 300 Hz) Program 1000 Watts.
2. AES Recommended Practice.
3. Thiele - Small Parameters follow a 1000 Watt preconditioning period.
Please note that frequency response measurements are supplied for comparison purposes only and are not a measure of the low frequency performance which may be achievable in a fully optimised system.
- GO BACK