- Radial neodymium motor structure.
- Vented cast aluminium chassis for improved thermal control of voice coil.
- Forced air cooling vented voice coil gap.
- Aluminium demodulation ring.
- Dual spider configuration with silicone based damping control.
- 4" High temperature CCAW voice coil.
- For two way ported applications and bass reinforcement in reflex and horn loaded design enclosures.
- Rear aluminum heat sink.
The PD.154NR1 is intended as a high power upper bass driver in multiway systems, the unit can also be used as a dedicated woofer in bass reflex and horn loaded designs. The optimised radial neodymium motor system allows more efficient management of the magnetic flux, forced air venting and rear aluminium base plate keeps the motor temperature under control and reduces power compression to a minimum. The unit features a 4-inch, high temperature, CCAW voice coil capable of handling 700W (AES) the PD.154NR1 exhibits an average sensitivity of 97dB across its working band and will produce an SPL of 127.5 dB in an 85Ltr ported enclosure tuned to 50Hz.
* Half space response measured in a 950 Litre sealed enclosure.
*1 Power compression is the reduction of sensitivity at the specified power. Higher power ratings do not necessarily give a proportionate increase in SPL therefore the maximum SPL of the driver may significantly exceed that of other manufacturers with high power ratings.
** Distortion is measured at 10% of the rated power (AES Standard).
1. AES Standard (45 to 450 Hz) Program 700 Watts.
2. AES Recommended Practice.
3. Thiele - Small Parameters follow a 800 Watt preconditioning period.
Please note that frequency response measurements are supplied for comparison purposes only and are not a measure of the low frequency performance which may be achievable in a fully optimised system.
- GO BACK